Born in the dark days of lockdown, Congregate has evolved into a layered, immersive broadcast that reaches beyond conventional live streaming.
It translates both the characteristic social engagement and the artistic feel of many of Soul City Arts other projects. We weave live and pre-recorded contributions from artists, musicians, academics and activists from around the globe together with community voices.
Show themes have included:
- Artistic reponse to the COVID-19 lockdown and social distancing
- #BlackLivesMatter and the death of George Floyd
- The Power of Language: battleground or refuge?
- Public Art: Fighting for Space
- Hip-Hop: Roots and Future
Congregate revolutionizes the livestream format in a world of #ZoomGloom.With generous support and funding from University of Warwick‘s Connecting Cultures fund and Innovative Manufacturing GRPs
We are also supported by Raise Karma