Soul City Arts is currently recruiting an Executive Director.
We are recruiting an Executive Director to take Soul City Arts to new heights after we were awarded an Arts Council England ‘Elevate’ grant.
The Executive Director will be responsible for all operational aspects of the organisation, major decisions about finance, marketing, business and organisational development. They will support the Artistic Director, who is responsible for conceiving, developing, and implementing the artistic vision and focus of the organisation. The Artistic Director will make decisions about the ongoing development of the aesthetic values and activities, after extensive consultation with the Executive Director.
We are looking for:
A proven track record with senior experience in the arts in either, the commercial or public subsidy sector
• Experience of working directly with a Board of Trustees (voluntary, nonexecutive directors/trustees)
• Experience of development and/or commercial funding and earned income in the Arts
• Experience of working with a diverse range of creative individuals and organisations
• The ability to work collaboratively and form effective partnerships internally and externally
• Experience of managing tight budgets and being resourceful
• An interest, strong awareness and connection with the social, economic and political context in which SCA operates.
• A genuine and demonstrable commitment to maintaining the broadening of cultural diversity and access across all areas of SCA’s work
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire and motivate stakeholders, donors, staff and creative individuals
Desirable (but not essential) skills and experiences:
• Knowledge/experience of immersive Arts Projects and multi-art form work.
• Productive and wide-ranging contacts in the arts sector and beyond, particularly in Birmingham.
• An interest in digital opportunities for the arts.
• Knowledge of arts funding and experience of fundraising
• Creative, capable and flexible
• Financial acumen
• Clear thinker and decision maker
• Inclusive management style
• Culturally sensitive
• Intellectually agile
• Skilled negotiator